Monday, October 8, 2012

PAGE 175 STROZZAPRETI WITH MUSHROOMS AND SMOKED MOZZARELLA


Hi!

I (Doris) decided to try my first recipe in Mike Isabella's Crazy Good Italian and it is delicious!!
I had it for Sunday night supper and my tummy was delighted. He called it
Strozzapreti with Mushrooms and Smoked Mozzarella.  The Strozzapreti is a pasta like penne pasta.  Since I could not find it in the store I just used penne and it tasted great!

I started with the mushrooms since they need the longest cooking time.  You'll need 3/4 pound of a mixed mushroom blend.  I used shitake, oyster, and plain white mushroom with the stems removed.Cook these in 2 tablespoons of canola oil and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a no-stick skillet for 15-20 minutes. Stir every few minutes until tender.

Second cooking was the pasta. Boil water in a large pot.  Add a teaspoon of salt to the water and then add the pasta.  cook for about 10 minutes until it is al dente.  Save 1/2 cup of the cooking  water and drain the pasta.

Toss  the pasta over the mushrooms in the skillet and all the 1/2 cup of cooking water and 2 tablespoons of butter.  When the butter is melted add the cheese.  I used 1 cup of diced smoked mozzarella and 1 cup of shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano and 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.  Toss for a minute or two until the cheese is melted.

Serve the delicious pasta in a family-size bowl and everyone can help themselves and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment