Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Page 248 PORK BELLY WITH WHITE BEANS AND COUNTRY HAN

Beans cooking in lard (I know, lard!)

Woah, an outstandind dish!  Maybe my favorite in cooking Mike Isabella's cookbook so far!  Good day at Chez Anderson.  Only bad thing at work was that my ordnance officer was at Camp LeJeune (I refuse to pronounce it Le-Jerne!)  Did some math homework with my college sophomore son.  I got some nice pork belly at GrandMart, shoutout to their amazing selection.  Seared it to crisp it.  Added onions, celery, carrots and garlic to sweat.  After addind chicken broth, I tossed it in the oven for two hours.  Meanwhile, I had picked up laard (?, who knew? and country ham? again, who knew? at Giant) and cooked 'til crispy.  I added one can of cannellini beans (added up with two cans of beans, one wasn't nearly enough.)  Removed the pork belly and again crisped it in lard and served it over the beans.  Truly amazing, tasted like the best version of pork and beans you've ever eaten.  Kind of like you would imagine pork and beans would be.  Full confession, we had this dish at Graffiato.  It translated as well at home as it did at Mike's restaurant.  Truly, go ahead and make it, it will make your day!

Pork belly crisping!


Can't get enough pork belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment