Saturday, October 13, 2012

PAGE 34 ROASTED CAULIFLOWER PECORINO AND MINT


The ingredients!
Busy day, another trip to GrandMart for cuttlefish and rock shrimp.  (I don't think I've ever used the word "cuttlefish" in a sentence before.)  The kids worked and we are all excited about the Tiger's game tonight.  I was secretly glad the Cardinals beat the Nats yesterday because my dad was a huge Cardinals fan, from the Stan Musial era on.  (Funny story about visiting Stan Musial's restaurant, we had a loong wait before eating and my dad and I drank waay too much wine, it wasn't pretty, but it was fun!)  Made the roasted cauliflower and it rocked!  First you browned the butter, which kind of made it a win from the get go.  I love browned butter on anything.  Tossed the cauliflower in the browned butter and roasted it in the oven, after seperating it into florettes, of course.  Grated the pecorino, slivered the red onion and chiffonaded the mint.  Tossed it all together with a squirt of lemon juice.  Probably the best cauliflower I've ever had!  The only awkwardness was reheating the leftovers since the red onion and mint tasted a little weird hot.  I would definitely recommend  this dish.


Another picture of the ingredients!
The final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment