Monday, October 29, 2012

PAGE 68 BAKED RICOTTA WITH SCALLIONS, SPECK AND SABA

We are dealing with the realities of Sandy, everyone at home dealing with the Tiger's sweep in the World Series.  I can't believe that they didn't even show up!  Oh well, we'll get 'em next year.  Speaking of disappointment, this is the first recipe I made from Mike's book that I didn't like.  It was...blah.  Like why bother to eat this blah.  Like, oh, I'll pass and have an oreo blah.

First I had to find the speck and saba.  I went to the Italian Store in Arlington, VA and got them, long boring line to contend with.  I sliced the speck and the scallions, mixed them with the ricotta, parm regiano, olive oil, lemon zest and salt.  Baked at 400 for 15 minutes and drizzled with saba.  It wasn't ery good and I didn't take a photo.  Looking forward to the next recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment