Sunday, October 7, 2012

PAGE 24 BROCCOLINI WITH ROASTED PEPPER RELISH

Crazy day!  Celebrated St Francis of Assissi day by taking the dogs to church for their blessing.  They were very enthusiastic (if by enthusiastic you mean rowdy and lusting over the small "snack" dogs).  It was cold and rainy, and the broccolini recipe was in order.

Harry is going
to be a frog for Halloween.


They were thinking of dressing up as really old boxers with beards.

Anyway, on to broccolini.  To be honest, I didn't love it.  I made the roasted pepper relish with Roasted bell peppers, peppadew peppers (who would have guessed that I had them in my cupboard?), pickled red cherry peppers, walnuts, olive oil and vinegar.  Frankly, it was a little exhausting.  I then cooked the broccolini for the suggested one minute.  If I were to make this again I would cook it for like three minutes.  Assembled with ewliah, broccolini and feta.  Kind of blah, not bad but I thought the broccolini was undercooked and nothing "stuck" together, it was hard to get broccolini, relish and feta in the same bite.

Doris finally is getting her act together (yay!) and will be blogging soon.  She had some technical problems (like not knowing how to use a search engine, don't ask), but cooked and will be blogging soon, promise!  I'll be back soon, with crispy goat and poenta and asparagus with mint.



Finished dish
Me eating broccolini.

No comments:

Post a Comment