Monday, January 21, 2013

PAGE 190 PUMPKIN BUCATINI WITH DUCK LIVER AND GOLDEN RAISINS

Oh wow, this was so bad!  Sooo bad, so bad.  It pains me to remember it, how it smelled, how it looked, yucko!

I think the problem was my dislike of liver, not the recipe, but that didn't help.  The kids took one look at it and told me they couldn't take a bite.

The pasta went well, it was classic flour, 3 egg yolks, olive oil, and 1/4 cup pumpkin.  It alll came together nicely with the Kitchen Aid mixer and pasta attachments (love my Christmas gift!)  It cooked well, in three minutes.

The sauce was the problem.  I put the raw liver in the food processor and ground it finely.  I soaked raisins for 10 minutes in hot water.  After melting butter, I sauteed a shallot, then the liver for a couple of minutes.  I added bourban and cooked a little longer.  Finally, I added the raisins, sage, a little reserved pasta water, and the pasta.  The texture, smell and everythingn else was bad.  I couldn't even give it to Harry the dog because of the bourbon and the raisins.  Runs from this recipe!



Solved the photo problem.  I had to upload my photos to picassa.

No comments:

Post a Comment