Sunday, November 4, 2012

PAGE 135 VEAL CUTLET WITH ASPARAGUS, BASIL AND LEMON

A good weekend, no major crises, my high school football team (Saltsburg) beat my new home in PA team (Blacklick Valley), and the kids worked hard spinning signs.  I had some qualms about making veal cutlet.  My sister is opposed to eating veal and I am kind of ambivalent.  The kids said they were okay with eating veal, so I decided to go for it.

I actually didn't know where to buy veal, I had never made it before.  I went to three stores before I found it at Harris Teeter.  Kind of sneakily, arugula is involved (no, I didn't read that part) so another trip to the store was required.

Overall, this was a nice dish.  I like asparagus and the lemon and garlic were bright.  I don't know that I wouldn't make it with chicken if I were to make it again.  To make it, I breaded and sauteed the veal in olive oil and garlic.  I boiled and shocked asparagus.  Next a vinagarette of olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper was called for.  It was easy to make, as you would imagine.  To assemble, you mixed the asparagus, some tomatoes, arugula, and basil with the vinagarette and placed it over the veal.  Lemon slices were placed on the sides.  It was tasty and the veal wasn't overcooked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment