Tuesday, November 27, 2012

PAGE 105 CALZONE WITH RICOTTA, YELLOW TOMATO AND PANCETTA

Good day at work, good policy day and planning a trip to Nanty Glo on Friday, followed up by a good Mike recipe day!  These calzones had a delicious supple crust, not too much ricotta (ricotta sometimes tastes like hot cottage cheese to me) and a good sauce.  There wasn't enough for dipping, however, and we resorted to jarred sauce!  I took a short detour and made my favorite Christmas cookie, Ann Hodgeman's almond triangles.        


http://books.google.com/books?id=OyNj7cP-ZJkC&pg=PA217&lpg=PA217&dq=PRICELESS+ALMOND+TRIANGLES&source=bl&ots=4gb3Dtgg_B&sig=RNrONgVttzWYNQTTfcbjTry4Vtg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Kni1UPzEBsTG0AH66IDABA&ved=0CC4Q6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=PRICELESS%20ALMOND%20TRIANGLES&f=false

Anyway, I made the dough, yeast, water, sugar flour, salt and olive oil and let it rest for an hour.  I divided it into 4 balls.  I made the sauce by heating olivr oil and sauyeeing the pancetta, adding onions and garlic, adding tomatoes and rosemary and cooking for 40 minutes.  Not hard or complicated. 

I mixed a container of ricotta, 1/2 cup of mozz and 1/4 cup parm reggiano.  I rolled out each of the 4 dough balls and spooned in 1/4 of the ricotta mixture and topped with 1/4 of the sauce.  I then baked for 15 minutes.  They were extremely delicious and worth making again.  I plan on making them when I see Doris this weekend, if time permits.




No comments:

Post a Comment